The Scottish Justice Commitee has launched an inquiry into purposeful activity in prisons.
It will look at:
- What is meant by ‘purposeful’ activity and how can this be measured;
- The extent to which prisoners have an opportunity to engage in purposeful activity;
- What are the perceived benefits of purposeful activity and whether there are any examples of best practice;
- What barriers may exist to prevent prisoners engaging in such activities;
- Whether access to purposeful activities is consistent across the prison estate; and
- Whether access to such activity can be improved.
The deadline for submitting written evidence to the commitee is Friday 26th January 2013
To view the “call for evidence” document and details on how to submit evidence click here